mred

connectMLS

k3Title

standardTitle

peopleBank

homestar

Burnet Title Chicago Logo

Our Mission

Mission Statement:

The Kankakee-Iroquois-Ford Association of Realtors® exists to promote education, professionalism, and ethical conduct of its REALTOR® members, while continuing to be an advocate for the protection of real property rights.

Our History

The Kankakee-Iroquois-Ford Association of Realtors®, Inc. was originally chartered as the Kankakee County Real Estate Board on April 27, 1921, when sixteen brokers united to join the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REAL ESTATE BOARDS. In 1996 the Association celebrated its 75th Diamond Anniversary. The ASSOCIATION is now 275 REALTOR® Members as of March 2009. We also have 81 Affiliate Members, with 37 Realtor offices. In 1957 a Multiple Listing Service was started with 21 REALTORS®. The present membership is 66 Participant Offices with a total of 379 MLS users, some from other Boards who purchase our MLS Services. In 1976 the MLS converted from loose leaf listings to a Multiple Listing Digest, and in June, 1987 the MLS was computerized, using the IRIS system. In February 1993 the MLS was upgraded with the new Foyer V software system, and in May 1993, a new electronic lockbox system was adopted. In January 1997, the MLS changed its system to ProMatch, a state-of-the art system, complete with photos on the screen, and in December 2000 the Association went to the Internet download version of ProMatch 2000. In 2004 the MLS upgraded to the ProMatch ILS System, which we are currently on. In January, 1961, the charter was amended to be the Kankakee County Board of REALTORS, and in 1982 the name was formally changed to the Kankakee County Board of REALTORS, Inc., reflecting the incorporation earlier. In August 1991 the Association's name was officially changed to the Kankakee-Iroquois-Ford Association of Realtors, Inc.

In May, 1978, the Association purchased the property at 256 South Washington Avenue in Kankakee to be used as the Association Office. A c.1868 Italianate structure, it is an outstanding example of early architecture in Kankakee County.

In January, 1979, the Association changed from a Membership composed of REALTORS and REALTOR-Associates to an all-REALTOR Board. The members, continually striving for professionalism, attend State and National meetings and seminars, conventions, and educational meetings such as Professional Standards Seminars and Leadership Conference. A high percentage of Members hold designations such as GRI, ABR, CRB, CRS, CCIM, and SIOR, and LTG. In conjunction with the Illinois Association of REALTORS and the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS, the Association constantly strives to put forth the REALTOR image in an ethical and professional manner.

KIFAR Recent Events

KIFAR Members & Guests enjoyed the annual Steak Fry at Aroma Park Boat Club on June 21st